Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Candidate and the Cop Killer

The other day I heard Ben and Jerry are supporting Obama; they will hand out "Cherries for Change" during the Vermont Primary. This will not force me to boycott their ice cream, for I have already stopped consuming their product. I am not protesting their liberal politics, for I still listen to Bruce, but their support for cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal is a disgrace.

Based on a rough Google search it seems Obama has never embraced the free Mumia movement. This is good for him, but as a matter of character and judgment, I wonder if the Senator from Illinois wants these “Cherries for Change” distributed officially or unofficially on behalf of his candidacy by defenders of a terrorist. He should denounce their support.

Obama is also supported by one of Mumia’s most powerful boosters, Congressman Chaka Fattah, but in fairness Hillary is supported by Mumia’s favorite mayor, John Street.

No comments: